Enjoy the freedom to go where you want to go - whether it's a concert, out to eat, running errands, attending church, going to the airport or visiting the doctor. Whenever you want go, we're at your service. Wesley Wheels is a full-service transportation company providing accessible scheduled (non-medical emergency) one-way or round-trip transportation for older adults.
Our approach to transportation services
- Door-through-door service. Our drivers help passengers through the doors of their residences and destinations, as needed. This type of dignified service includes several levels of assistance from opening doors, providing verbal guidance, physical support up and down a step or curb, assistance with loading and unloading of mobility devices, to helping with packages.
- Reservations are required. (See the "Reserve your ride" section below for complete details.)
- Wheelchair accessible.
- Safe, reliable and friendly transportation.
- Serving primarily the Greater Des Moines area; but service to other communities and counties in central Iowa can be arranged. Call to discuss possibilities.
- Wesley Wheels is equipped to meet the transportation needs of individuals, friends, couples and small groups. Our fleet of vehicles includes sedans, minivans and buses.
Reserve your ride
Call 515-271-6868 to reserve your ride.
- Transportation services are provided on a first-to-reserve, first-serve basis. Availability during some periods may be limited.
- Reservations are accepted Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., except holidays.
- Riders must book their trip a minimum of one business day in advance; 48 hours is preferred.
- Requests for rides on Saturday, Sunday and Monday are accepted on the preceding Friday.
- Reservations are not accepted on weekends or during nonbusiness hours.
Cancel your reservation
Call 515-271-6868 at least two hours prior to your scheduled pick-up time.
Here are just a few of the places we've taken our passengers.
Medical and health care transports
- Medical, dental and eye appointments
- Rehabilitation centers
- Surgery centers
- Adult day center
- Airport pickups and drop-offs
- Out for dinner
- Dining with friends
- Family gatherings
- Running errands
- Civic Center, symphony or other local events
All you need to do is let us know when and where you'd like to go, and we'll take care of the driving.
Safe, reliable and friendly transportation
Our training program for drivers begins with a strong focus on proper recruitment, screening, interviewing and hiring techniques, in order to ensure we hire people who are passionate about being a Wesley Wheels driver and believe in delivering an exceptional experience.
All of our drivers are required to successfully complete our pre-employment criminal background checks, health assessment and drug screen. In addition, all drivers are required to complete CPR and first-aid training.
Additionally, during the orientation process, each driver completes a comprehensive curriculum-based training program comprised of classroom, computer modules and behind-the-wheel training. Together, this teaching delivers all the essential skills to enable them to do their jobs with the highest level of safety, service and professionalism.
- Certain elderly waiver programs
- Private pay