No matter where you live, you can enjoy the convenience of Wesley Wheels, the Metro's premier transportation service. Whether you live on a WesleyLife campus, in another community, or in your own home or apartment, you can enjoy the freedom to go where you want to go! Call on Wesley Wheels for transportation to and/or from a medical appointment, a concert, the airport, church, or out to eat or to run errands; wherever you want or need to go, round-trip or one way, day or evening, we're at your service!
Our approach to transportation services
- We won't just leave you at your door. Our drivers help passengers through the doors of their residences and destinations as needed. We exceed expectations with several levels of assistance: opening doors, providing physical support up and down a step or curb, loading and unloading mobility devices, and/or helping with packages.
- We know our drivers. Some other transportation services employ independent contractors. Our drivers are WesleyLife team members and are required to complete thorough background checks, including checks for safety violations. They're also specially trained and equipped to meet the needs of older adults. You can count on our drivers to represent everything you know and trust about WesleyLife.
- We're reliable. Accuracy is vitally important to us, as is being on time. We'll be where you need us to be, exactly when you need us to be there. In the event of a weather delay or other unforeseen issue, we'll communicate with you promptly to let you know when you can expect us.
- We're accessible. Our service can accommodate wheelchairs and other devices that assist you in being mobile.
- We'll go where you need to go. We primarily serve greater Des Moines, but service to other communities in Iowa can be arranged. Call us to discuss your needs.
Reserve your ride: Call (515) 271-6868!
- Transportation services are provided on a first-to-reserve, first-served basis. Availability may be limited during certain periods.
- Our transportation hours are 5 a.m. to 10 p.m. seven days a week. With advance notice, we may be able to accommodate requests outside that time frame.
- Reservations are accepted Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., except on holidays.
- Reservations made at least 24 hours in advance are recommended. However, in many cases, we can accommodate same-day requests.
Need to cancel or change your reservation?
For same-day cancellations or changes to your reservation, call (515) 271-6869.
Here are just a few of the places we've taken our passengers.
Medical and health-related trips:
- Medical and dental appointments
- Rehabilitation centers
- Surgery centers
- Adult Day centers
Errands or "fun" trips:
- Airport pick-ups and drop-offs
- Dinner out
- Family gatherings
- An evening at the Civic Center, Des Moines Playhouse, the symphony, and other local arts events
We'll take you nearly anywhere and make sure to get you back home again -- safely, on time, and with the kindness and friendliness you expect from WesleyLife!
We take your safety seriously.
Our driver training program begins with proper recruitment, screening, and interviewing techniques to help ensure we hire people who are passionate about driving for Wesley Wheels and delivering exceptional experiences.
All of our drivers are required to successfully complete pre-employment criminal background checks, health assessments, and drug screens.
Additionally, each driver is required to complete a comprehensive educational curriculum comprised of classes, computer training specifically related to the health needs of older adults, and behind-the-wheel assessments. We insist that our drivers perform their jobs safely, professionally, and with a service-oriented focus.
- Cash, check, or credit card payments will be accepted at the time of pick-up or in advance.
- Charges can be added to clients' monthly statements for trips to and/or from one of our partnered campuses or centers.
- Monthly auto-drafts can be set up via a checking or savings account.
- Wesley Wheels gift certificates -- available by calling (515) 978-2777 -- are always accepted!