All WesleyLife senior living communities provide services to persons with varying degrees of Alzheimer's disease, dementia, and confusion due to age-related cognitive abilities. In addition, four communities offer memory care households for people needing advanced levels of care.
Memory Care Households
At Noord Holland within The Cottages in Pella, Hess Pavilion within Heritage House in Atlantic, Garden View within Park Centre in Newton, Elan Cottage at Brio of Johnston, and The Willows within The Village in Indianola, WesleyLife provides memory care households for persons in later stages of Alzheimer's disease and Dementia who require 24-hour memory care services in a skilled nursing setting.
In 2015, Halcyon House in Washington, Iowa, broke ground on development of a memory care household that serves up to 18 people with mid- to late-stage dementia.
A memory care household provides:
- A secure household environment and an enclosed outdoor space.
- Staff trained to assist with cognitive, behavioral, communication, and environmental challenges.
- A calm, relaxed environment designed to reduce stress and anxiety.
- Special activities to assist in maintaining awareness and encourage independence.
- An Alzheimer's support group for those diagnosed with Alzheimer's and their caregivers.
Specially trained staff
Beyond the professional training required to perform their job, persons working in a memory care household receive specialized training and annual continuing education related to working with individuals in later stages of Alzheimer's disease and Dementia.
Resident-centered care plans
Our team works closely with the resident's physician to develop a customized care plan that meets all of the resident's needs – physical, emotional, intellectual and spiritual. Our friendly staff, nurses, therapists and aides ensure a safe, homelike environment.