Willowbrook in Newton, Iowa, was inspired by a League of Women Voters study, which first prompted Mercy Hospital to sponsor a Newton adult day program, then led WesleyLife to launch a building fund to relocate the program to its new Park Centre community. Both Willowbrook and Park Centre opened in 1992, and offer convenient tunnel access to Skiff Hospital.
As you might imagine, we bring the same passion and personalized approach to our adult day services that we bring to everything else we do at WesleyLife.
At Willowbrook Adult Day, we build close partnering relationships with everyone, from those who have high-level needs to those who simply want more activity and engagement in their day. Here, people find a renewed sense of purpose and the chance to live happier, healthier lives.
Willowbrook Adult Day offers:
- Daytime care program
- Respite for caregivers
- Recreational, exercise activities
- Health and well-being emphasis in our services and activities
- Nutritional meals and snacks
- Local transportation provided
- Medication monitoring
- Field trips
- Outdoor gardening
- Community interaction
- Specialized dementia training for all staff members
- Family support, referral services