Volunteer with WesleyLife Hospice!
If you're interested in volunteering, there's a place for you with WesleyLife Hospice!
Whether you want to work directly with clients and families or in another role, you can make a difference in someone's life, including your own.
We'd love to tell you more about our volunteer opportunities, including:
- Office Volunteer -- Provide office and computer support, administrative support, answer phones,and input data. Assistance also needed in, data input and equipment inventory. Strong computer skills a plus, but not required.
- Special Events Volunteer -- Assist in making fundraising events successful.
Visit clients in their homes, apartments, or senior living communities, or provide telephone support. Some in-person volunteer opportunities include:
- Pet Therapy -- Visiting with pets to provide comfort, peace, and well-being. Pets must be evaluated and certified by one of our approved evaluation organizations. Call (515) 978-2777 for more information.
- Aromatherapy -- The use of essential oils to promote health of the body, mind and spirit. Aromatherapy training required.
- Energy Works -- The use of energy therapy techniques to promote relaxation and reduce suffering caused by anxiety/agitation and to create a sense of peacefulness. Energy work includes meditation, therapeutic touch, Tai Chi, Jin Shin Jyutsu, yoga, Reiki, and more.
- Licensed Massage Therapy -- The use of "hands on" techniques delivered by a Licensed Massage Therapist to promote relaxation and decrease pain.
- Music -- the use of music as a tool, gift, or opportunity to bring peace and comfort. In addition to musicians performing for patients, we also offer opportunities to share musical interests with a patient via streamed music or other recordings.
- Expressive Arts -- The use of visual, written, or performing arts to express feelings associated with illness, loss, or death. Includes painting, quilting, drama, poetry, and journaling.
More about volunteering with WesleyLife Hospice:
- Training is provided at no cost.
- Volunteer locations are available throughout Iowa.
- Daytime, evening, and weekend options are available.
- You may choose to volunteer a few hours a week, a couple hours a month, or a single time.
- No experience or medical background are necessary.
Interested in volunteering? Call (515) 978-2777 today!
Don't take our word for it. Ask Ted!
Ted Stewart-Hester wants to be the best physician he can be. On a larger scale, he wants to help advance the medical profession in its understanding of and attitudes toward death and dying. As a first step toward that goal, Ted began volunteering with WesleyLife Hospice. Read his story!