As a WesleyLife Community for Healthy Living, The Village is a place for you to find purposeful ways to make the most of each day. For decades, our community has been home to residents who participate in their neighborhood and the greater Indianola community.
The Village’s full continuum of care and unique relationship with Simpson College are just the tip of the iceberg of our approach to senior living in Indianola that focuses on possibilities, not limitations.
In the blog post, you will learn about everything that The Village has to offer.
Enjoy this short video that highlights the best parts of life at The Village and senior living in Indianola:
Life at The Village
When we say generations have found a happy home at The Village, we mean it. It’s not uncommon to greet new residents whose parents or grandparents once lived in The Village. We also have several team members who have been with The Village for more than two decades, and others who are current residents.
Our approach to community living is designed to celebrate mind, body, and spirit. We use this approach in all levels of living, including:
- Independent Living: In independent living, residents live like they would outside The Village, but with the advantage of a maintenance-free lifestyle and added convenience.
- Assisted Living: Assisted living is essentially independent living, but with access to additional support when needed.
- Memory Support: Memory care at The Village is person-centric and focused on optimizing day-to-day life. Your loved one will benefit from attentive support 24/7.
- Long-Term Care; Long-term care provides a team of skilled caregivers and medical professionals who treat residents like they are family.
- Short-Term Rehabilitation: Short-term rehab provides services to both residents and those outside of our communities. This level of care bridges the gap between a hospital stay and a patient's return home.
Regardless of the level of living you choose, life at The Village is the start of an exciting new chapter.
Amenities at The Village
Residents love this community because of the wealth of amenities, including:
- Outdoor amenities, such as walking paths, flower gardens, meditation gardens, and gazebos near the pond and fountains.
- Wellness amenities, such as outpatient therapy services and tennis courts at the nearby Simpson College.
- Convenience amenities, such as a salon and barbershop, on-site banking, the E Street Café, guest rooms for friends and family, and a bus service for errands.
- Spiritual amenities, such as a chapel and solarium.
- Educational amenities, including an on-site library and free class auditing at Simpson College. Plus, many professors live on campus, making The Village an oasis for knowledge seekers.
- Cultural and Creative amenities, such as a woodworking shop right on campus! Plus, enjoy programming offered by the nearby Simpson College, such as music performances and live theater.
Choose the Right Home for You
Residents of The Village live in townhomes and apartments. Whether you are downsizing, or looking for a larger space, you can find your perfect fit at The Village.
- Apartment: 455-1,650 sq. ft., depending on level of living
- Townhome: 1,500-4,000 sq. ft.
For a closer look at the townhomes and firsthand accounts from residents, watch:
Senior Living in the Heart of Indianola
The city of Indianola has a great deal to offer its residents in terms of cultural events, outdoor spaces, and more.
Residents of The Village are in a prime location for many of the highlights offered by the city. By walking, taking a personal vehicle, or hopping on public transportation, residents enjoy the best of Indianola. Nearby are Simpson College, the Indianola Country Club, the Woodland Mounds State Preserve, and multiple restaurants that serve a variety of cuisines, from cafes to steak houses.
Plus, The Village is only a half-hour from Des Moines, where residents can enjoy even more culture and entertainment.
A Day in the Life of The Village
Exciting things are happening all the time at The Village! Residents have nearly endless opportunities to stay engaged, including frequent walking groups, wine and food pairing events, educational courses from The Great Courses, and sky diving and boat excursions for those looking for a thrill.
However, living at The Village also means living the life you want to live. All activities are optional, and residents can do as little or much as they want.