In Elan Cottage, we enhance and enrich lives!
Those who face the challenges presented by a family member's memory loss will find reassurance and support in Elan Cottage, our Memory Support household at Brio of Johnston.
In addition to safety and security, families can expect their loved ones to be surrounded by team members who are dedicated to the careers they've chosen and work hard to make each day meaningful for the individuals who live in our household.
In Elan Cottage, we are committed to the belief that all residents, including those with Alzheimer's disease and other dementias, have a right to live their lives as independently as they are able. Our surroundings and programming are exceptional, and our spacious and secure apartments are designed around a residential, not institutional, model. Your loved ones will feel a sense of "home," and your presence and involvement are desired and welcomed.
Amenities available to Elan Cottage residents include:
- A comfortable, spacious apartment on a beautiful campus (that has won awards for architecture and design!)
- The company of welcoming, warm fellow residents and caring, positive team members
- An emphasis on health and well-being -- not just physical exercise, but holistic programming designed to make the most of each day
- Wellness team members who specialize in the needs of those 50 and older, and can guide and support your loved one to make the most of his or her physical well-being
- Beautiful, winding walking paths that are perfect for a stroll with one of our team members
- A beauty salon and spa
- Weekly housekeeping and laundry service
- An emergency response system for security and peace of mind
- Utilities, including basic cable TV and WiFi
- Medication management
- Assistance with activities of daily living
- ... and much more!
Our programming is designed to enrich mind, body, and spirit!
From our therapy and companion animals to visits from our board-certified music therapist, we offer programming that enables your loved one to make the most of the day! Check out some of our popular furry friends below.
And ... meet Megan! It's unusual for a senior living organization to employ a music therapist to serve clients and residents, and with the addition of Megan Davis, WesleyLife is adding yet another differentiator to the way we transform memory services.
With a wealth of experience in using music to create joy and comfort, Megan works with Brio residents through personal and group sessions, enhancing clients' and residents' engagement and enjoyment through the songs she plays and sings.
Call Maria to learn more.
We would welcome the opportunity to visit more with you about memory support services at Brio. Email Maria today or call her (515) 252-5380 to learn more about the ways we can enrich the life of someone you love.