WesleyLife’s flagship Community for Healthy Living, Wesley on Grand (previously Wesley Acres) has long been an asset to the Des Moines, Iowa, community, and with recent improvements, it has become an even better place to promote well-being for seniors and foster meaningful connection. This community focuses on community involvement so residents remain engaged in the things they love about Des Moines.
Living an inspired life is easy at Wesley on Grand. Within the community, beauty is around every corner. Inside, our walls are adorned with paintings created by local artists and our talented residents. Outside, our campus gardens burst with flowers, fountains, and paved walking paths that encourage movement.
Wesley on Grand doesn’t subscribe to a one-size-fits-all solution; everything is tailored to our residents’ desires, and our emphasis on well-being goes beyond the physical to promote whole-body health.
But don’t just take it from us. “My mom has been at [Wesley on Grand] for 2 ½ years now. The nursing team is top-notch and caring, and the campus is beautiful. I wouldn’t have her anyplace else,” Renee Thiel, the daughter of a WesleyLife resident, said.
Life at Wesley on Grand
Wesley on Grand focuses on vibrant, active living that celebrates mind, body, and spirit. Here are some details about our levels of living:
- Independent living provides residents with fresh meals, engaging events, new friends, and concierge-level service, allowing them to connect and contribute to the world around them.
- Assisted living provides residents support when they need it while they live engaged, independent lives.
- Long-term care residents enjoy a vibrant environment and a team of skilled caregivers who treat them like family.
- Short-term rehabilitation is available for residents and those outside of our communities and bridges the gap between a hospital stay and a person’s return home.
"I want people to know that when you come here, you're not just coming to heal your body — you're also coming to feel better emotionally and be treated like part of a family," short-term rehabilitation client Ronda Redman said.
Residents of Wesley on Grand enjoy an array of amenities that invite ease and enjoyment into their days. Our most popular amenities include:
- Comfortable outdoor patios where residents can relax, converse, and enjoy the beautiful atmosphere
- A serene pond and fountain
- A variety of recently upgraded and expanded dining venues and catering options
- A coffee bar that is open to the public
- Walking trails that wind beneath a canopy of trees
- A fully equipped fitness center
- A large aquatic space, complete with three underwater treadmills and a soaking tub
- A professional hair and nail salon
- A massage room
- An art studio
- A performing arts auditorium
- A recreation room for entertainment, games, and other casual programming
- A theater for movie nights
- A well-stocked library
- A computer lab
Located in the Heart of Des Moines
Part of the historic South of Grand neighborhood, Wesley on Grand is located in the heart of Des Moines near restaurants, grocery stores, banks, shops, and entertainment venues.
Senior living in Des Moines offers endless opportunities to enjoy the community and fill your days with new experiences. We are close to Court Avenue, the site of the Des Moines Farmers Market, as well as numerous walking trails and other recreational activities. Additionally, we are a 20-minute drive from Jordan Creek Town Center.
Join Us at Wesley on Grand: Senior Living Des Moines Residents Love
Days are enriching for Wesley on Grand residents, with opportunities at every turn to enhance physical, social, and emotional well-being. With the recent investment into enhancing this community, residents are enjoying a more beautiful campus and enriching programming than ever before.
So, what do you think? Is Wesley on Grand right for you? Take a tour of the community to see why this WesleyLife Community for Healthy Living is a place so many are proud to call home.