Wesley Acres, WesleyLife’s flagship Community for Healthy Living, turns 75 years young in July 2022. This community focuses on community involvement so residents remain engaged in the things they love about the city of Des Moines.
Living an inspired life is easy at Wesley Acres. Within the community, beauty is around every corner. Inside, our walls are adorned with paintings created by local artists and our talented residents. Outside, our campus gardens burst with flowers, fountains, and paved walking paths that encourage movement and connection.
There is no one-size-fits-all living solution at Wesley Acres; everything is tailored to our residents’ desires, and our emphasis on well-being goes beyond the physical to promote whole-body health.
But don’t just take it from us. “My mom has been at Wesley Acres for two and a half years now. Top notch nursing staff in a beautiful caring place. Wouldn’t have her any place else,” Renee Thiel, daughter of a WesleyLife resident, said.
Enjoy this short video that highlights the best parts of life at Wesley Acres and senior living in Des Moines:
Life at Wesley Acres
Wesley Acres focuses on vibrant, active living that celebrates mind, body, and spirit. Here are some details about our levels of living:
- Independent living provides residents with fresh meals, engaging events, new friends, and concierge-level service, allowing them to connect and contribute to the world around them.
- Assisted living provides residents support when they need it while they live engaged, independent lives.
- Long-term care residents enjoy a vibrant environment and a team of skilled caregivers who treat them like family.
- Short-term rehabilitation is available for residents and those outside of our communities and bridges the gap between a hospital stay and a person’s return home.
"I want people to know that when you come here, you're not just coming to heal your body — you're also coming to feel better emotionally and be treated like part of a family," short-term rehabilitation client Ronda Redman said.
Residents of Wesley Acres enjoy an array of amenities that invite ease and enjoyment into their days. Our most popular amenities include:
- A comfortable outdoor patio where residents can relax, converse, and enjoy the beautiful gardens.
- A variety of dining venues and catering options.
- A walking trail that winds beneath a canopy of trees.
- A fully equipped fitness center.
- A professional hair and nail salon.
- A recreation room for entertainment, games, and other casual programming.
- A theater for movie nights.
- A well-stocked library.
- And a computer lab.
Redevelopment Coming in 2023
On top of the amenities we listed, the Wesley Acres community is undergoing a $25 million redevelopment.
The project calls for improvements focused on health and well-being to benefit current and future residents. They include:
- New gathering spaces to connect the campus with the greater community
- A variety of culinary enhancements
- The addition of spaces, both indoor and outdoor, to create opportunities for expanded fine-arts programming
- The phasing in of new wellness opportunities as well as outdoor features and green space to encourage natural movement and physical well-being
- ... and much more!
Located in the Heart of Des Moines
Part of the historic South of Grand neighborhood, Wesley Acres is located in the heart of Des Moines near restaurants, grocery stores, banks, shops, and entertainment venues.
We are close to Court Avenue, the site of the Des Moines Farmers Market, as well as numerous walking trails and other recreational activities. Additionally, we are a 20-minute drive from Jordan Creek Town Center.
Join Us at Wesley Acres: Senior Living Des Moines Residents Love
Days are enriching for Wesley Acres residents with opportunities at every turn to enhance physical, social, and emotional well-being. Just take a look at our Facebook page to see how our residents celebrated Saint Patrick’s Day and International Women’s Day, both on and off campus.
So, what do you think? Is Wesley Acres right for you? Take a tour of the community to find out.
Post Topic(s): WESLEY ACRES