Short-term Rehabilitation at The Village
Leading the way in outpatient care
The Village is a leading provider of healthcare services designed to help people in Central Iowa live more healthy, active lives at any age. We embrace the WesleyLife philosophy of providing compassionate care that stimulates the mind, body, and spirit.
The Village was among the first providers of outpatient rehabilitation services in Indianola and continues to be a vital resource in the community for individuals seeking outpatient therapy services in the areas of physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech therapy. By providing these three disciplines of therapy under one roof, The Village is uniquely positioned to better serve a variety of needs.
Caring about you, not just for you
At The Village, our clinical specialists will work alongside your doctor to create an individualized rehabilitation plan for you to reach your goals. You'll find a comfortable setting with therapists who take the time to learn about you and your needs. Along with unsurpassed personal attention, physical and occupational therapy patients will enjoy The Village's rehabilitation center complete with the latest technology and equipment, including a private warm-water therapy pool.
Rehabilitation professionals are specialized in treating patients recovering from orthopedic injuries or surgery, stroke, neuromuscular insufficiency, or medical conditions.
The Village caters to its clients by accepting a wide range of insurance programs, including Medicare, Medicaid, Wellmark Blue Cross Blue Shield, Coventry, Advantra, Midlands Choice, and others.
Delivering expertise you can count on
- Aquatic therapy exercises
- Gait training, walking or ambulation, with or without assistive devices
- Muscle strengthening/range of motion
- Balance training/fall prevention
- Pain management
- Total joint rehabilitation (hip, knee, shoulder)
- Prosthetic/orthotic training
- Workplace injuries
- Musculoskeletal disorders/injuries
- Bed mobility/transfers
- Neurological conditions: stroke Parkinson's disease, Multiple Sclerosis, etc.
- Activities of daily living - dressing, bathing, feeding
- Home management - meal preparation, homemaking, safety
- Stroke rehabilitation
- Wheelchair seating and positioning
- Adaptive equipment training
- Upper extremity splinting
- Comprehensive lymphedema
- Upper extremity strengthening - fine motor coordination training
Our speech-language pathologists are certified by the American Speech-Language Hearing Association (ASHA) and treat patients of all ages, from infants through geriatrics.
- Evaluation and treatment is offered, but not limited to, the following diagnoses: stroke, traumatic brain injury, Parkinson's Disease, Alzheimer's Disease, Down Syndrome, ADD/ADHD, Dysphagia, Apraxia, Dysarthria, Autism Spectrum disorders, and other neurologically bases disorders.
- Speech/Language therapy
- Articulation/Phonological processing therapy
- Auditory processing therapy
- Feeding/Swallowing therapy
- Cognitive skills retraining: attention concentration, memory, problem-solving
Get well, go home quickly
Our team has one focus – you. We are dedicated to helping you achieve your goals of bouncing back after injury, illness or surgery, and getting back home. Look to The Village for quality care and speedy recovery right in Indianola. Our mission is to work with you and support your recovery so you can be as independent, healthy and engaged in life as possible.
Amenities and services
- Private or semi-private rooms
- OnsiteOn-sitecal, occupational and speech therapy
- Onsite outpatient therapy clinic
- Assistance with daily activities like bathing and dressing
- 24-hour nursing care
- Three delicious meals served daily in the privacy of your own room or in the dining room
- Individual climate controls
- Access to The Village amenities and LivingWell cultural/educational programs
If you're looking for a place to heal and uplift your spirits after surgery or illness, come to The Village's health center to Get Well and Go Home Quickly.
Call (515) 961-7458 or click here to schedule a tour.