Household Living at The Cottages
It's pretty simple: Residents are at the center of everything we do at The Cottages. Our community presents a completely different approach to long-term care; it's called "household living," and it's built on the premise that the more decisions a person is able to make independently, the happier, healthier and more independent he or she will be.
Local Dutch heritage and tradition are honored and infused within The Cottages, from the naming of each cottage based on provinces of the Netherlands to the artwork displayed throughout the community. Our three households are named Groninger, Zuid Holland, and Gelderland.
The physical layout of The Cottages is based on that of a traditional family home. The footprint of the household encourages healthy living by facilitating independence and social engagement. But it's what happens inside the household that makes it truly "home."
At the center of each household is an open kitchen with a family-style dining table that invites residents to linger with neighbors over a cup of coffee. The aroma of home-cooked meals will fill the air, and snacks are always close by! Residents also can enjoy sunshine and fresh air in the solarium or outside in the courtyard.
Residents of each household shape our culture here at The Cottages. They decide how they live their lives: how they decorate their rooms, what they want for breakfast and what time they want it, and in what meaningful programs they want to participate. Family-member participation is welcomed and encouraged, and warm relationships with team members help emphasize connections.
While promoting healthy living, Household Living at The Cottages includes, for each resident:
- A private suite with bathroom and shower.
- Abundant natural light in the household sunroom and courtyard.
- Three meals a day, prepared within the kitchen of each household.
- Cultural, recreational, educational and social programs.
- An integrated health improvement plan to strengthen mind, body, and spirit.
- A welcoming environment for family participation and involvement.
- Restorative nursing and rehabilitation therapy tailored to each resident.
- Housekeeping, including linen and laundry service.
- Building and maintenance services.
- All utilities, including expanded basic cable and local telephone service.
- Complimentary wireless Internet.
- Access to a bistro, salon and chapel for residents, families, and community members.
The Cottages is covered by the WesleyLife Promise: If a resident depletes his or her financial resources through no fault of his or her own, the resident will not be asked to leave his or her home with us. Donations to Hearthstone's Good Samaritan Fund support the Promise, providing funds to cover all or part of residents' monthly fees when a need is presented.
Learn more about Household Living at The Cottages! Schedule a private tour by calling our friendly, helpful sales team at (641) 628-1244, or click here to complete a tour request form.