Household Living at The Cottages
It's pretty simple — residents are at the center of everything we do at The Cottages. Our community presents a completely different approach to long-term care, we call it "household living." The approach is built on the idea that the more decisions a person makes for themselves, the happier, healthier and more independent they will be.
Local Dutch heritage and tradition is honored and infused within The Cottages from the naming of each cottage based on the Netherland provinces to the artwork displayed throughout the community. There are three "household living" households, which are named Groninger, Zuid Holland and Gelderland.
The physical layout of The Cottages is based on a small household — just like a traditional family home. The footprint of the household encourages healthy living by promoting your loved one's independence and social engagement. But, it's what happens inside the household which makes it truly home.
At the center of each household is an open kitchen and a family-style dining table — which invites residents to linger over a cup of coffee and visit with the neighbors. The aroma of home-cooked meals will fill the air and there will always be a snack close by at any time — day or night. With abundant natural light, your loved one will enjoy sunshine and fresh air in the sunroom or outside in the courtyard.
Residents of each household, together with team members, will shape the culture. They will be the decision makers of how they live their loves, including how they decorate their room, what they want for breakfast and what time they want it, and in what meaningful programs they want to participate. Family member participation will not only be welcomed — but encouraged.
Our team member roles are blended, like in most family households, creating an emphasis on knowing each person and a friendship with your loved one and you.
While promoting healthy living, Household Living at The Cottages includes:
- A private suite complete with bathroom and shower.
- Abundant natural light in the household sunroom and courtyard.
- Three meals a day, prepared within the kitchen of each household.
- Cultural, recreational, educational and social programs.
- A coordinated health improvement plan to strengthen mind, body and spirit.
- A welcoming environment for family participation and involvement.
- Restorative nursing and rehabilitation therapy tailored to your loved one.
- Housekeeping with linen and laundry service.
- Building and maintenance services.
- All utilities, including expanded basic cable and local telephone service.
- Complimentary wireless Internet.
- Access to a bistro, salon and c, apel for residents, families and community members.
The Cottages is backed by the WesleyLife promise that a resident will not be asked to leave their home if, by no fault of their own, they should outlive their financial resources. If this should occur, WesleyLife's Good Samaritan program is there to support those in need.
Learn more about Household Living at The Cottages or schedule a tour by calling our office at (641) 628-1244, or click here to complete the online tour request form.