Assisted Living Memory Support Zeeland Household at The Cottages
Residents are the center of everything we'll do at The Cottages. Based on a model of wellness that identifies each person's strengths and interest, we offer a more independent living option for people in early stages of dementia. Beyond the basic safety and security, you expect, know your loved one will be supported by people who have a passion for the careers they have chosen and the people they serve.
Our assisted living memory support household is physically designed to enhance life, independence, and peace of mind in a home setting. Residents have the freedom to move about with confidence to visit neighbors in a familiar and recognizable environment.
We know our physical environment is a comfortable home setting, but it's what happens inside our household that makes The Cottages assisted living memory support truly home.
We focus on learning about your loved one's personal history, interests and talents to create something we call an individual lifestyle plan that centers around his or her abilities, along with special attention to the well-being of their spirit, mind, and body.
Residents of each household, together with team members, shape the culture. Family member participation is not only welcomed, it is encouraged.
Our blended team member roles are designed to encourage our team to get to know your loved one through strong, meaningful relationships.
If in the future your loved one needs additional assistance, higher levels of care are available and can be delivered to support your loved one's independence.
Celebrating the Dutch Heritage
Local Dutch heritage and tradition is honored and infused within The Cottages from the naming of each individual cottage based on the Netherland provinces to artwork displayed throughout the community.
The assisted living memory support household is named Zeeland.
Assisted living memory support at The Cottages includes:
- Suite with a private bathroom and shower.
- Secure courtyard to enjoy the sunshine and fresh air.
- Team members specially trained to support those living with memory loss, including a Certified Dementia Specialist on staff.
- Three meals a day, prepared within the household kitchen.
- Trained staff available 24 hours a day.
- Emergency call system.
- Scheduled transportation to local grocery stores and cultural events in Pella and surrounding communities.
- Cultural, recreational, educational and social programs designed by residents and Lifestyle Enrichment team
- Health and wellness screenings, such as blood pressure and blood sugar checks.
- A coordinated health improvement plan to strengthen mind, body, and spirit.
- A welcoming environment for family participation and involvement.
- Personal laundry service.
- Laundry service for bedding and linens weekly.
- Weekly housekeeping service.
- All utilities, including expanded basic cable and local telephone service.
- Complimentary wireless Internet.
- Building and maintenance services.
- Priority access to household living.
Understanding Assisted Living
Assisted living communities offer a housing alternative for older adults who may need help with medications, dressing, bathing, eating, etc., but do not require the intensive medical and nursing services provided in long-term care. The Cottages' assisted living memory support is designed to reflect the commitment of WesleyLife to support the independence, health, and well-being of older adults.
Primarily, residents or their families pay the cost of assisted living. The Department of Veterans Affairs and long-term care insurance policies may cover some of the costs associated with assisted living. the federal Medicare program does not cover the costs of assisted living.
Our holistic programming is based on PersonFirst Care. These principles and practices drive a person-centered lifestyle that offers many opportunities and moments of well-being for those living with memory loss.
Each day we will help our residents live meaningful lives of dignity, enjoyment and useful purpose. This includes a full spectrum of supportive services and outreach geared toward the diverse needs of our residents.
We enrich the lives of those we serve by providing opportunities to be independent while celebrating life's precious moments. Our programming reflects a personalized approach to the six dimensions of wellness: social, emotional, spiritual, intellectual, occupations and physical.
The Cottages is backed by the WesleyLife 68-year-old promise that a resident will not be asked to leave their home if, by no fault of their own, they should outlive their financial resources.
If this should occur, WesleyLife's Good Samaritan Fund may step in to assist. The fund is supported through the generous donations of others.
Come Take a Tour
Learn more about assisted living memory support at The Cottages and enjoy a complimentary tour. Click here to schedule your tour.