Assisted Living at The Cottages Friesland Apartments
The Cottages is more than a beautiful building. It's a place to stay active and engaged. It's a welcoming community where residents can enjoy the company of others or their privacy.
There are six cottages at The Cottages of Hearthstone. The assisted living cottage is named Friesland, after a province of the Netherlands and in respect for the traditional Dutch heritage of Pella.
Friesland residents make their own decisions about what they want to do and when they want to do it. Independent decision-making and a living in a community surrounded by friends helps residents maintain a positive outlook on life. And that always leads to individuals being happier and healthier.
For those who need a little help in their lives, an assisted living residence at The Cottages can be a wonderful solution. Enjoy the large, open spaces bathed in sunlight; high ceilings; and cozy nooks for chatting with friends. The Cottages is a home for residents where each day is fresh with opportunity and a positive outlook on life.
Support is available for everything from simple medication reminders to the activities of daily living like dressing, grooming and bathing, if needed. Each resident experience is approached individually and focused on personal choice. We call it discovering your daily rhythm - understanding your preferences, concerns, and challenges. This will help us create a Personal Engagement Plan, which becomes the roadmap we use to keep individuals engaged in life.
Assisted Living at The Cottages includes:
- One bedroom and studio apartment residences, complete with kitchenette, and private bathroom and shower
- Three freshly prepared, healthy meals daily. Breakfast is made to order, while lunch and dinner are served like you are at your favorite restaurant.
- Trained staff available 24 hours a day
- Emergency call system
- Scheduled transportation to local grocery stores and cultural events in Pella and surrounding communities
- Health and wellness screenings, such as blood pressure and blood sugars checks
- A coordinated health improvement plan to strengthen your mind, body, and spirit
- Cultural, recreational, educational and social programs designed by residents and the Lifestyle Enrichment team
- Weekly housekeeping
- Personal laundry service (or you may choose to do it yourself)
- Laundry service for bedding and linens weekly
- All utilities (including basic cable and local telephone service)
- Complimentary wireless Internet
- Building and maintenance services
- Priority access to memory support and household living
- Family participation and involvement is not only welcome, it is encouraged
Understanding Assisted Living
Assisted living communities offer a housing alternative for older adults who may need help with medications, dressing, bathing, eating, etc., but do not require the intensive medical and nursing services provided in long-term care. The Cottages' Assisted Living is designed to reflect the commitment of WesleyLife to support the independence, health, and well-being of older adults.
Primarily, residents or their families pay the cost of assisted living. The Department of Veterans Affairs and long-term care insurance policies may cover some of the costs associated with assisted living. The federal Medicare program does not cover the costs of assisted living.
The Cottages is backed by the WesleyLife promise that a resident will not be asked to leave their home if, by no fault of their own, they should outlive their financial resources.
Learn more about Assisted Living at The Cottages
Give us a call at (641) 628-1244 or click here to schedule a tour. We look forward to your visit.