Arborwood Memory Support Assisted Living
With Arborwood, Halcyon House has created the finest assisted living-style memory support accommodations in Washington County, Iowa. With an innovative array of programming in a secure home-like environment, Arborwood provides a safe, nurturing setting for people with Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of memory loss.
At Halcyon House, you'll find programming and team members who are trained and dedicated to memory support. By focusing on developing familiarity with the surroundings and each other, along with personalized schedules based on choice, rather than routine, we've created an environment where people thrive. And in keeping with WesleyLife's belief that pets can greatly enhance the lives of older adults, Arborwood is also the home of two furry friends that provide pet therapy and life-changing results for some of our residents!
Arborwood currently has 18 memory care suites for individuals with early to mid-stage Alzheimer's disease or other forms of memory loss.
Arborwood is a household where residents can live with as much independence as possible, with choices throughout the day and a warm, social atmosphere. Halcyon House has created a true home setting with “homemakers” who prepare meals, take care of housekeeping and laundry, and build warm relationships, while providing the services a resident may need throughout the day -- as a trusted family member would.
Just like at home, the foundation at the heart of Arborwood is a place where residents, family members and homemakers gather throughout the day for fun, conversation and companionship.
One monthly fee includes all of this at Arborwood:
- Private suites with full bathroom and zero-entry walk-in showers
- Country kitchen, large dining room, living room with piano, family room with fireplace
- Landscaped garden and gated, secure courtyard
- Assistance as needed with activities of daily living
- Medication set-up and administration
- Three delicious meals prepared fresh daily
- Housekeeping and laundry services
- Spa featuring whirlpool bath and salon station
- 24-hour professional care and secure entry
- Programming each day to keep the mind, body and spirit active and engaged
- Basic cable television, local telephone service, and Wi-Fi Internet access
- Pet therapy courtesy of two furry friends; interaction with them has provided life-changing results for some of our residents!
Call (319) 653-7264 or click here to schedule a tour today.