Independent Living at Edgewater
Independent Living at Edgewater
Edgewater not only incorporates the latest trends and advancements in active senior living, it reflects WesleyLife’s long-standing tradition of providing the best in services and support for older adults.
Located in West Des Moines, Edgewater sits on 50 acres of beautiful rolling countryside, only minutes away from Jordan Creek Mall, area golf courses, dining and local entertainment.
It provides the perfect setting for a resort-like, active living community that is nothing short of spectacular.
Everything in one neighborhood
Edgewater provides older adults with independent living, assisted living, skilled nursing care, short-term rehabilitation, and memory support services all in one neighborhood.
- Provides a rewarding lifestyle for all who want fewer home maintenance responsibilities and access to quality onsite health care, should it ever be needed.
- Maintains a resort-style environment with the utmost in services and amenities, such as multiple dining options, spa services, health and w, llness activities, and transportation to name a few.
- Has paid special attention to residence features, construction quality, and aesthetic appeal for an end result unlike anything seen in the Des Moines area.
The WesleyLife Difference
WesleyLife's vision in developing Edgewater was founded upon a platform of successful aging, desired by so many of today’s seniors. It’s an approach to overall health and wellness focusing on six dimensions – physical, intellectual, emotional, vocational, spiritual, and social. This commitment to successful aging is ingrained in the entire culture of Edgewater through an incomparable lifestyle of independence, choice, and multiple opportunities promoting social interaction, wellness, growth, and lifelong learning.
Signature Services and Amenities
Opportunities abound at Edgewater. It's your choice:
- State-of-the-art fitness amenities and programs, outdoor walking trails, and various healthy living programs.
- Lifelong learning promoted through community-wide events, educational seminars, performing arts, diverse entertainment and enrichment seminars.
- Activities like coffee groups, storytelling clubs, learning circles, and support groups promoting emotional strength and wellness.
- Wood shop, crafts, gardening, art classes, volunteer programs, and computer classes for those seeking a vocational path to personal fulfillment.
- Chapel and ministry opportunities, Bible studies, and yoga and meditative enjoyment of natural surroundings.
- An active, engaging lifestyle with friends and neighbors who enjoy the same things – parties, concerts, dances, card games, and holiday picnics.
Edgewater provides the choices and opportunities to further enhance your already enriching way of live and helps you enjoy it even more. But, if things should change, the support and comfort of onsite assisted living and skilled nursing care will ensure residents an independent, active, and healthy lifestyle with the freedom, security, and peace of mind that comes with knowing additional care is available to meet any potential long-term needs.
Independent Living Options
Choose from a variety of comfortable senior living apartments in various sizes and configurations allowing you the freedom to furnish in any style that appeals to you. Located in the main campus building, you are just steps away from all of the services and amenities, whether that means taking a dip in the saltwater pool, working out at a top-of-the-line fitness center with the assistance of a personal trainer or spinning across the floor in one of our dance classes.
If you're seeking a more spacious home, consider one of our Villas. These spectacular homes are the jewels of the Edgewater campus, providing plenty of room to entertain and space for family to stay while visiting.
What are you waiting for?
Come enjoy a free tour and see what everyone is talking about. Click here to fill out the online form.