URGENT: Our health centers across Iowa and western Illinois are are in need of medical gowns to augment our small supply. If you have sewing skills and are able to assist, please see directions from the Iowa Department of Public Health here: /webres/File/Gown%20sewing%20guidance.pdf. Gowns may be delivered to the WesleyLife community closest to you. Thank you!
Please consider giving of your time or your resources.
If you're looking for a way to help as the global community gets used to its "new normal," please consider volunteering with or donating to WesleyLife. To volunteer, please complete the form below.
To donate, please visit our giving page.
The nationwide shortage of Personal Protective Equipment has impacted WesleyLife as well. Our Home Health and Hospice services and our communities' healthcare centers are anticipating a shortage of face masks. If sewing or crafting are your gifts, please consider sewing a mask to help supplement our supply. Please follow these instructions provided by the Iowa Department of Public Health, then drop off the masks any weekday from from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the front desk of any WesleyLife community. If you have questions, please email Shannon, or call her at (515) 240-1645.
Iowa Department of Public Health Mask Specifications:
- 100% cotton fabric, tightly woven, minimum of 160 thread count per square inch
- Ties and tape – 100% cotton – white or natural color – minimum ¼ inch thick
- Nose piece – minimum 4 inches long – plastic coated wire twist ties
- Mask size when complete – 7 inches wide by 3.75 inches long
- 3 pleats per mask facing upward (from outside view)
- The mask should have two layers of fabric
WesleyLife Meals on Wheels
Meals on Wheels is specifically in need of volunteers for the following opportunities:
- Deliver meals weekdays between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. or to residents of apartment buildings between 11 a.m. and 12 p.m. (To help keep our drivers safe, we're following regulations around health, safety, and social distancing.)
- Provide support for our Meals on Wheels program by offering companionship in the form of calls to clients. Calls can be made between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- Consider donating to help us meet the increasing need presented by greater numbers of older adults and veterans of all ages who are sheltering in their homes.
Please Fill out the form below to get started on any of these opportunities!
WesleyLife Resident and Home and Community-Based Services Support
Opportunities to support clients with delivery of food and supplies and with companionship will be announced soon; please fill out the form below and indicate you would like to be contacted.
Thank you in advance for your support!
All fields marked with * are required.