Not only does WesleyLife have a profound, direct impact on the people we serve, we also provide many benefits to local communities. WesleyLife typically is one of the largest employers in each of its locations, and our corps of team members and residents also contribute to the vibrancy of local communities in many other ways. Here are just a few examples of how WesleyLife’s nonprofit mission made life better for others outside our WesleyLife family in 2019:
- Future nurses, doctors and wellness professionals received hands-on experiences through our healthcare-related offerings.
- Children and young adults visited residents and clients, creating multi-generational relationships
- A total of 2,765 members of our communities volunteered a total of 25,463 hours to benefit local or state organizations.
- We welcomed nearly 5,000 people from local communities to performances, activities, presentations, and religious gatherings in our buildings.
- Meals on Wheels delivered 228,001 meals to 1,322 older Iowans, with 85% of the meals provided at low or no cost.
- More than 500 community members participated in our various support groups, including grief support, Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s groups.
- A total of 565 community members participated in our well-being programming.
- We provided $1,903,564 in Good Samaritan/Good Shepherd care to our residents, enabling them to remain in their WesleyLife homes.
WesleyLife is pleased to support the independence, health, and well-being of older adults, wherever they call home!