Think of Halcyon House as your headquarters for living.
Halcyon House is located in the heart of Washington, Iowa, close to many local places of interest, including the Washington Community Y, Washington High School, shopping, banks, places of worship, the public library, health services, and more.
If you embrace the benefits of exercise, you'll appreciate our extensive fitness area, exercise classes, and onsite yoga studio. Walk indoors -- five laps from one end of campus to the other equals one mile! -- or enjoy our beautiful outdoor pathways. Our full-time wellness director can tailor a program specifically to your goals and mentor you as you pursue them at your own pace. It's all part of our deep commitment to wellness in all its forms, no matter where you live, no matter what your situation.
If culture, entertainment, and continuing education appeal to you, you'll find plenty to enjoy right here in the form of outings, performances, a library, and learning opportunities.
You'll also want to check out Applewood Bistro, our in-house restaurant that's open to the public. It's an excellent choice for intimate gatherings, with delicious menu items made fresh daily.
For you to enjoy and savor:
- Multiple dining venues, including the Applewood Bistro, which is open to the public
- Renowned homemade pies
- Catering services available
- Diana's Place library
- Billiards and Marshall Game Room
- Epworth Chapel, dedicated to your spiritual needs -- a peaceful place for ecumenical services
- Beauty/barber shop
- Outdoor patio/gardens
- Coffee Corner with computer lab
For your convenience:
- Located in the heart of Washington, Iowa
- Guest rooms for your friends and family to stay overnight while visiting
- Banking onsite twice a month
- Gift shop for small gifts, décor, necessities
- No yard maintenance (you can adopt a flower bed if desired)
- No snow/ice removal
- Complimentary transportation to local grocery stores weekly
- All under one roof for safety and protection from the weather
- Housekeeping services every other week
- Maintenance provided by our Environmental Services department
- Emergency response system
For your health and well-being:
- Wellness and fitness center
- Full-time wellness director and fitness coach
- Onsite massage therapy
- Onsite fitness classes, including yoga studio
- Regularly scheduled wellness assessments and personalized plans
- Educational programming
- Social events and holiday parties
- Onsite therapy (physical, occupational, speech) -- inpatient and outpatient
- Weekly blood-pressure checks
- Tobacco-free campus
- Adult Day center and Home Health as part of our network of services
- Walk indoors — five laps from one end of campus to the other is 1 mile!