Short-term stays. Long-term results.
"When you come to short-term rehabilitation, you're not just coming to heal your body; you're also coming to feel better emotionally and be treated like part of a family. I can't tell you how special Hearthstone and the people here are to me now. I won't hesitate to recommend it to everyone I know." – Ronda Redman, Pella; short-term rehabilitation client
When it comes to short-term rehabilitation, many people:
- Don't know what it is.
- Don't anticipate they'll need it.
- Don't have any idea where to go for it.
We've been doing this a long time. Let us help.
Short-term rehabilitation -- or skilled rehabilitation -- is something many people require when they're discharged from a hospital stay, but not yet ready to go home. Some people refer to it as skilled rehab, or skilled nursing care. It's a professional service designed to help you get well and go home as quickly as possible.
It's most common for a person to need short-term rehabilitation after he or she has surgery, such as joint replacement, or has had a prolonged illness, especially one that has resulted in a decrease in function. Patients don't always plan for this need, and when faced with choices of places that provide short-term rehabilitation, they're not familiar enough with them to make an informed decision.
Here are quite a few reasons to consider rehabilitating in a WesleyLife community. WellSpire, our organization in the Quad Cities, offers rehabilitation its communities as well.
- The short-term rehab programs at all our communities are staffed by professionals who devote themselves to getting people back on their feet. From physical therapy to occupational therapy to speech and language therapy, we've got you covered.
- WesleyLife has been around for 70 years, and we've been offering short-term rehabilitation for more than a quarter-century. That's a lot of years, and a lot of client scenarios. We know what we're doing because we've done so much of it. And as an employer of choice, we're able to hire the most experienced professionals to help ensure you're receiving the best care and services.
- Our outcomes speak for themselves. Averages across all our communities show more than 97% of our former clients would recommend or have recommended our short-term rehabilitation services to friends or family members.
- We're not a rehab factory. We're Iowa's most comprehensive provider of services to older adults, and our network of services covers a broad continuum of needs, from our Communities for Healthy Living to home health care, personal services, transportation, meals, hospice, and adult day services. If you have additional health or wellness needs while you're rehabilitating with us, chances are we can meet them. And after you go home, our network of home services can help keep you healthy.
- No matter where you live, there's a WesleyLife or WellSpire short-term rehabilitation option near you. Our 11 (soon to be 12!) community locations range from western Iowa to western Illinois.
- In the event that you require additional medical services while you're rehabilitating with us, our on-site health centers -- highly rated by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services -- can address your needs quickly and thoroughly.
And here are a couple of myths we'd like to bust. You don't have to be a resident of a WesleyLife or WellSpire community to rehab with us; our services are available to the general public. And short-term rehab is usually covered by insurance; typically, if you were admitted to a hospital for three consecutive nights, Medicare will pay for your short-term rehabilitation.
Also -- for most people, short-term rehab doesn't take long. An average short-term stay in one of our communities is less than 20 days.
If a doctor recommends you spend some time in short-term rehab, don't be scared or nervous; ask to see all your available options. Ask all the questions you need to ask. Then, make the choice individuals across Iowa have been making for decades: Trust WesleyLife and WellSpire!
Short-term rehabilitation services are available at our health centers at Edgewater in Des Moines, Brio in Johnston, The Village in Indianola, Wesley Acres in Des Moines, Heritage House in Atlantic, Halcyon House in Washington, Hearthstone in Pella, Park Centre in Newton, Westwing Place in DeWitt, and Illini Restorative Care in Silvis, Illinois. Click on any of these links for admission assistance or to schedule a tour in advance of a planned surgery.