Lace Up for Lending Hands
Lace Up for Lending Hands is a 5K and 1 mile charity run/walk for Lending Hands, a WesleyLife adult day center located in Washington, Iowa.
Date: May 7, 2016
- Pancake breakfast: 7:30 -10:30 a.m. Call 319-653-2661 to get your breakfast-only tickets. Prices are $8 for adults, and $4 for youth 12 and under.
- Walk/Run: Registration at 8 a.m.; run/walk starts at 9 a.m. Prices are $25 per person for early registrations received by April 22, 2016, (t-shirt and one free pancake breakfast included); or $30 per person on race day (one free pancake breakfast included, t-shirt is not guaranteed).
- Register online by using the link below.
- Download the registration form and mail it or hand deliver it to Lending Hands, 301 Hwy 1 & 92, Washington, Iowa, 52353. Be sure to include your registration fee.
- Register day of the event at 8 a.m. at Lending Hands.
- Registration fees are nonrefundable.
Start location: Lending Hands, 301 Hwy 1 & 92, Washington, Iowa
Lending Hands is Transforming the Aging Experience
Lending Hands is an adult day center in Washington, Iowa, where people aged 45 or over can spend one to five days a week to give their primary caregiver respite, or enable them to stay in their homes longer. We do our best to pamper participants and make them feel like they're one of the family while at Lending Hands. Be sure to check out our building while you're here and see if you or your loved one would like to join the family!
Adult day centers like Lending Hands are an important care option that keep families together, and can improve the quality of life for both caregivers and their loved ones. When a loved one needs additional care or supervision during the day, many families think that they have no choice but to quit their jobs. Others find that their health deteriorates as the stress of round-the clock caregiving prevents them from caring for themselves.
Adult day services are comprehensive programs specially tailored to adults who need supervision and assistance during the day. Adult day services centers provide social activities and health care services for adults with physical disabilities and/or cognitive impairments, persons who are frail or may be lonely and need to be with people and participate in activities instead of sitting at home alone.
People who attend an adult day care center usually live in their own home or in the home of a family caregiver. Adult day services can improve the quality of life for those who attend and help each person function at their best.
Adult day service centers are also designed to offer family support. They conduct caregiver support groups, offer education on topics such as managing difficult or confusing behaviors and safety in the home, provide counseling, and maintain contacts with community resources.
How Your Gifts and Participation in the Run/Walk Make a Difference
Guided by our Christian beliefs and compassion for serving older adults, WesleyLife strives to ensure that all persons in need of adult day services, regardless of their financial situation, are served.
This is only possible because of the generous donations of individuals and businesses, and grants received for public and private organizations.
Your sponsorship or participation in the Lace Up for Lending Hands 5K Run/Walk means deserving individuals and their caregivers, who would otherwise remain unserved, are able to participate in the adult day programming and receive support.