Cardinal Lane Short-Term Rehabilitation
Get Well...Go Home
"This is the best care anywhere -- absolutely wonderful nursing team as well as physical therapy and occupational therapy. They work you hard to assure that you get well and are the best 'you' that you can be. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else (except home!)" - Gigi A., Altoona
It's pretty simple — we share the same goal for your recovery — get well and go home.
If your doctor is recommending a short-term nursing and rehabilitation stay, it's important you find services and a team that together with you, encourages your recovery. At Cardinal Lane, we'll work hand-in-hand with you or your loved one's doctor to create a collaborative health improvement plan to ensure we meet your therapeutic needs and personal wishes. During this process, it's only natural for us to learn more about you as a person. We think that makes a big difference for everyone because being fully informed leads to being full engaged and committed to success.
Our rehabilitation professionals are specialized in orthopedic injury and surgery, stroke, neuromuscular insufficiency and cardiac condition rehabilitation.
In addition to short-term nursing and rehabilitation stays, Park Centre has a complete network of health and wellness services. As you transition safely to your home, you can continue to count on WesleyLife at Home to provide services within your home to continue your recovery.
While staying at Cardinal Lane, you’ll have personalized care, respect for your privacy, and a whole team of people dedicated to helping you be as independent, healthy and happy as possible.
- All private suites, with private baths
- Flat-screen television
- Hand-held, European-style showers and chairs; optional whirlpool bath
- Focus on your safe transition home
- Beautiful environment
- We communicate closely with your doctor
- Seven-day-a-week physical, occupational and speech therapists
- Onsite aqua therapy
- Assistance with daily activities like bathing and dressing
- 24-hour nursing care; we have one of the highest staffing ratios in the state of Iowa — which means more dedicated support and attention for your continued recovery
- Three delicious meals served daily in the privacy of your own room or in the dining room
- Individual climate control in your room
- Underground pathway that connects Park Centre to Newton's medical center and clinic
- Access to Park Centre's amenities and LivingWell cultural/educational programs
- Part of a network of health and wellness services designed to keep you active, engaged and independent
See our flyer for photos of the spacious suites, services, and aqua therapy pool.
Get the facts
- More than 95 percent of people surveyed would recommend WesleyLife to their friends and family.
- Park Centre has received a 98 percent customer satisfaction rating over the past 12 months.
- More than 150 Park Centre patients got well and went home during the last year.
Transitional care referrals from physicians and hospitals
To make a referral, call our 24-hour referral line at (641) 990-5046; fax (866) 374-5788; or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Park Centre accepts bariatric, 24-hour intravenous, tracheostomy, and many other high-acuity patients.
Patient and family tours
If you have surgery planned, let your physician know that you prefer to receive rehabilitation services at Park Centre. Click here to schedule a tour before your stay.