Arbor House Memory Support Assisted Living
With Arbor House, Halcyon House has created the finest assisted living-style memory support accommodations in Washington County, Iowa. With an innovative array of programming in a secure home-like environment, Arbor House provides a safe, nurturing setting for people with Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of memory loss.
Those who face the challenges presented by a family member's memory loss find more than one ray of sunshine at Arbor House. We focus on person-centered care, emphasizing ability over disability, and strengths over limitations. That's why we're different and why we're proud to create an environment in which residents maintain independence and the ability to exercise personal choice.
At Halcyon House, you'll find programming and team members who are trained and dedicated to memory support. By focusing on developing familiarity with the surroundings and each other, along with personalized schedules based on choice, rather than routine, we've created an environment where people thrive. Arbor House is also the home of two furry friends that provide pet therapy and life-changing results for residents.
Arbor House presently has 16 memory care suites for persons with early to mid-stage Alzheimer's or other forms of memory loss. Ground was broken in June 2015 on capital improvements to Halcyon House that include an 18-suite memory care household that incorporates the latest philosophies around aging well. This addition to our memory support will serve those will late-stage memory loss.
Arbor House is a household where residents can live with as much independence as possible, with choices throughout the day and a warm, social atmosphere. Halcyon House has created a true home setting with “homemakers” who prepare meals, take care of housekeeping and laundry, and build warm relationships, while providing the services a resident may need throughout the day. Just as a family member would.
Just like at home, the foundation at the heart of Arbor House is a place where residents, family members and homemakers gather throughout the day for fun, conversation and companionship.
One monthly fee includes all of this at Arbor House
- Private suites with full bathroom and zero-entry walk-in showers
- Individualized service plans
- Country kitchen, large dining room, living room with piano, living room with fireplace
- Landscaped garden and gated courtyard
- Assistance as needed with activities of daily living
- Medication management
- Three delicious meals prepared fresh daily and served family-style
- Housekeeping and laundry services
- Spa featuring whirlpool bath, beauty shop and manicure station
- Secure outdoor courtyard and gardens
- Staff available 24 hours a day
- Programming each day to keep the mind, body and spirit active and engaged
- Basic cable television and telephone service
- Nonintrusive security with exit and entry keypads, and perimeter monitoring
Call (319) 653-7264 or click here to schedule a tour today.