WesleyLife is the Clear Choice for Skilled Rehabilitation. Here's Why.
When it comes to short-term rehabilitation, many people:
- Don't know what it is.
- Don't anticipate they'll need it.
- Don't have any idea where to go for it.
We've been doing this a long time. Let us help.
Short-term rehabilitation -- or skilled rehabilitation -- is something many people require when they're discharged from a hospital stay, but not yet ready to go home. Some people refer to it as "nursing home care" -- but it's not. It's a professional service designed to help you get well and go home as quickly as possible.
It's most common for a person to need short-term rehabilitation after he or she has surgery, such as joint replacement, or has had a prolonged illness, especially one that has resulted in a decrease in function. Patients don't always plan for this need, and when faced with choices of places that provide short-term rehabilitation, they're not familiar enough with them to make an informed decision.
Here are quite a few reasons to consider rehabilitating in a WesleyLife community.
- We've been doing this a long time. WesleyLife has been around for 70 years, and we've been offering short-term rehabilitation for more than a quarter-century. That's a lot of years, and a lot of patient scenarios. We know what we're doing because we've done so much of it. And as an employer of choice, we're able to hire the most experienced professionals to help ensure you're receiving the best care and services.
- We're not a rehab factory. We're Iowa's most comprehensive provider of services to older adults, and our network of services covers a broad continuum of needs, from our Communities for Healthy Living to home health care, personal services, transportation, meals, hospice, and adult day services. If you have additional health or wellness needs while you're rehabilitating with us, chances are we can meet them.
- No matter where you live, there's a WesleyLife short-term rehabilitation option near you: Edgewater in West Des Moines, Wesley Acres in Des Moines, The Village in Indianola, Heritage House in Atlantic, Halcyon House in Washington, Hearthstone in Pella, and Park Centre in Newton. (And in 2018, we'll add Brio of Johnston to that list!)
- The short-term rehab programs at all our communities are staffed by professionals who devote themselves to getting people back on their feet. From physical therapy to occupational therapy to speech and language therapy, we've got you covered.
And here are a couple of myths we'd like to bust. You don't have to be a resident of a WesleyLife community to rehab with us; our services are available to the general public. And short-term rehab isn't prohibitively expensive; typically, if you were admitted to a hospital for three consecutive nights, Medicare will cover the cost of your short-term rehabilitation.
Also -- for most people, short-term rehab doesn't take long. An average short-term stay in one of our communities is less than 20 days.
If a doctor recommends you spend some time in short-term rehab, don't be scared or nervous; ask to see all your available options. Ask all the questions you need to ask. Then, make the choice individuals across Iowa have been making for decades: Trust WesleyLife.
To learn more about short-term rehab or other services in our comprehensive network, call (515) 978-2777 today. We'd love to help get you well and send you home!